Tuesday, November 5, 2013

30 Days of Thankful - Day 5

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself." - Josh Billings
 

Today I am thankful for my sweet and all so rambunctious puppy. If you don't know the story of how I got her, I'll sum it up for you. I found her on Craigslist; she was free if I went to Jasper, AL to get her. I will never forget this sweet puppy face! She was so little then!

 
"Happiness is a warm puppy." - Charles M. Schulz

 
“Puppies are constantly inventing new ways to be bad. It's fascinating. You come into a room they've been in and see pieces of debris and try to figure out what you had that was made from wicker or what had been stuffed with fluff.” Julie Klam
 
 
This is the one and only day I left her out in my living room. Haha! This was not funny at the time but now it's so hilarious.
 
I've had her since March of this year and although it's been challenging, it's been very rewarding as well. She's always at the door to greet me when I get home. She comes up to me at random times, while I'm working on school work or just watching TV, just to say hey. She gives the best kisses anybody could ask for...well she gives them without asking. My boyfriend claims that she isn't his, but she's wrapped around his little finger!

 
I've battled whether or not I am the right mother for her and that's the worst feeling in the world. She needs to have a big back yard to run around in, which I do not have. She needs to have someone who has time to train her and play with her, which I can't do all the time. But when those big, beautiful, brown eyes look at me with that innocence and helplessness, I can't deny that. Her love for me is bigger than anything I'd ever imagined. I know when she looks at me, she is where she needs to be.

 
“Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the center of their universe. We are the focus of their love and faith and trust. They serve us in return for scraps. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made. ” - Roger A. Caras
 
 
I didn't find her, she found me.


No comments:

Post a Comment