Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Ooey-Gooey S'mores Bars

Today felt like a baking day. When I say baking, I mean baking treats because everything else I try and cook never turns out. But I am the Betty Crocker of sweets.

I looked on my Pinterest board "Yummy!" to see if anything looked interesting. Ever since I was a little girl, I loved making S'mores, the old fashioned way outside and even indoors. My parents had a gas stove so I would toast my marshmellows on top and melt the chocolate in the mircowave. Worked every time! So when I saw this pin, I knew I had to test these crispy treats out.

 
Ooey-Gooey S'mores Bars
 
All you need is:
 
1/2 cup of melted butter
1/2 bag of marshmellows
1/2 bag of chocolate chips
1/2 of Golden Grahams cereal
 
I made a smaller batch, just enough for me, but if you want a bigger batch just double the ingrediants.
 
After I melted the butter, I stirred in marshmellows until I had a gooey sauce-like substance. Then I poured in the cereal until it was completely covered. Next, I poured the chocolate chips and stirred them around until everything was smothered in chocolate.
 
Next, I sprayed a small pan with Pam and then poured out my mixture on to it so it wouldn't stick. I smashed down the mixture until it was close to flat. To make it cool faster, I let it sit in the freezer for about 20 minutes. After it was cooled and solid, I cut it into smaller pieces using a spatchula. I plan on taking them to work to let everyone taste test. I thought they were pretty good!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment