Wednesday, August 21, 2013

DIY Wednesday: Easy Entry Upgrade

I am so very excited to be posting today's DIY Wednesday. I have been looking forward to getting this complete for a couple of days now. So here it is!


I don't know about you but the inside of my front door is where everything goes. Shoes, purse, book bag, leash, bills, etc. I needed some sort of organization that didn't cost me an arm and a leg. Meanwhile, I had recently gotten an email from Jo Ann's who wooden crates on sale. They looked pretty cool so I ran by and picked up three.


Not knowing what I was going to do with them, I went to the trusty Internet for ideas. I found this...


Bam! What a perfect way to corral all that junk sitting by the door! Instead of staining them, which is still a great idea, I ran by Lowe's and picked up sample containers of my three favorite colors right now. Only $2.99 and just the perfect amount!


I waited until I got home from work and attempted to paint the crates outside. I got attacked by mosquitos so I brought the project back inside.

 
I'd advise you to not paint this on your stove, unless you have a curious dog like me! If so, somewhere high would be good, or else your puppy's nose will be blue! I'm very proud of how it turned out. After all that, it looks like this. I'm still going to get a mail divider and another basket for more storage. 

 
Isn't just adorable!? And the colors are endless - perfect for any room. I'm really happy that now I have a place to show off my adorable Hunter rainboots that I got for my birthday this year!

 
A fairly quick and easy way to freshen up your front door and it only cost around $50!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment