Monday, November 11, 2013

30 Days of Thankful - Day 11


My sister posted this picture today and I wanted to repost it. Today I am thankful for the sacrifice and selflessness of our nation's military and first responders. On this Veteran's Day, I am reminded of the people who lost their lives fighting on Ground Zero. I'm reminded of those who have been killed in action in Iraq and Afganistan. I'm reminded of the ones who fought for this country long before me in the wars that shaped the face of this great land. I'm thankful that I have a sister who decided to join the fight and serve in our nation's military. I am also thankful that her job has kept her in the states, safe and sound. But I am thankful for the ones that have traveled all over the world. Whatever service you're in, whether you are a private in the US Army or the Chief Police Officer, thank you. You keep us safe so that we can sleep in peace at night. Thank you for what you do every day. 

Happy Veterans Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment