Friday, February 1, 2013

Quote of the Day

I've had a stressful couple of weeks and I think the angels in heaven knew I needed a break. Every night before I go to bed I peruse through my phone until I get really sleepy. So tonight, the first thing that popped up was this quote. I think it was a sign to change some things.

All the water in the world can't sink a ship unless it gets inside.

It really got me thinking about a lot and I wanted to share it with you guys. The negativity of the world can't put you down unless you let it inside of you. There are mean people in this world and they will throw rocks at you every chance they get. But you can't let it get you down. I've been reading a book called The Happiness Project and before I get off on a tangent about how AMAZING it is, I'll just say this - your happiness depends on you. Not someone else. No one can't take your happiness away from you unless you let them. Positive people are the happiest people. Sometimes it's impossible to be optimistic about something but knowing that it's not the end of the world is comforting. My favorite quote so far that I've come across in the book is this: "Don't let negative and toxic people rent space in your head. Raise the rent and kick them out!" I thought this was so true to my situation. Sometimes you just have to let go and let God control the outcome. You have to quit letting a bad day ruin the rest of your week. Every day might not be good but there is good in every day; you just have to find it.

So whenever you're feeling blue, remember that quote. I've already taped it to my fridge. It's so powerful and refreshing. I hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment