Saturday, November 10, 2012

22 Thankful Days - #10

I am thankful for my education.
 
 
I am so incredibly thankful to have the ability to go to school and learn something that I love. Being in college has really challenged me to make new friends and open up to people that I didn't know. When I first came to Virginia College, I didn't know anyone. It was a culture shock because I was used to going to school with people I'd known my entire life. I was forced to get out of my shell a little and develop friendships that I know I'll take with me in the future. I love being an interior design student. I've learned so much about designing a building than I thought I'd ever need to know. I'm not just making a space look good, I'm designing it with the health, safety, and welfare of the public in mind. So far, I've been on the President's List every quarter which is a great accomplishment. I am the Secretary of the student chapter of ASID, and I've recently joined Gamma Beta Phi (the National Honor Society.) I'm also a part of a once in a lifetime grant opportunity where I'll hopefully become a LEED Green Associate in February. Most people think I'm just picking out pillows and paint but really it takes an intense amount of self-discipline and organization to be in this field. It's not easy, but the feeling of getting up and presenting your work is exhilarating and worth every ounce of time I spent on it. I thank my parents, again, for allowing me to go to this extensive and expensive school. I wouldn't be here without them! I look forward to settling into residential design with my own firm but for the time being I'll stick with any job in my field - commercial or residential. I'm looking to learn more and more every day and praying for a job in the near future. Thank you to everyone who's made this possible so far: my teachers, my classmates, my advisers, the random people who've given me encouragement to stick with it, and my family and friends. Thank you all for being so supportive and so encouraging. You are the ones that push me to be better. Thank you for your honestly and concern. I've made so many friends at VC and I look forward to growing and maybe working together on a project one day! Best of luck to all my classmates. Quit stressing so much and relax. You got into this field for a reason so enjoy it! Don't over-work yourself that you can't stop and appreciate your work and feel proud of yourself for your accomplishments. You've worked so hard for this. Don't ever give up on your dreams.



No comments:

Post a Comment