It's been very raining a lot in the Ham recently, that I'm starting to wonder if it's going to rain everyday!? Have you ever decided on a cute outfit, let's white skinnies and sandals and then the bottom falls out on you?? I have, multiple times, and it's never a pretty site. When it's wet outside, you can still look cute. The following article is from College Fashion. I love these easy tips and outfits to keep you from embarrassment and still be flawless on those icky rainy days.
Rainy Day Fashion Tips
- Add color! Don’t be scared to wear something bright and fun on a rainy day. Bad weather can be depressing, so why not go out of your way to wear something non-depressing and cute?
- A cute umbrella can be an accessory. There are so many adorable and cheap umbrellas available at stores like Target, so there’s really no excuse to stick to basic black. Buy a couple in your favorite colors if you live in a really rainy area and use them to add color to your look.
- Kids umbrellas are cheap, cute, and perfect for one person. I mentioned this in my article 25 Fashion & Style Tips to Brighten Your Day as well, and though I’d repeat the tip here. Why not save a little cash, have some fun, and buy a really ridiculous kids umbrella?
- Don’t spend a lot on an umbrella. If you’re anything like me, you’ve lost more umbrellas than you care to remember. That’s why you should never spend much on them. Even if you aren’t prone to misplacing them, umbrellas still aren’t investment pieces – you don’t use them every day! So buy a cute one from Target and pleeeease skip the $250 Burberry version.
- A classic trench coat is always perfect for rainy weather. There aren’t many inexpensive and cute trenches in stores right now as it’s summer, so I didn’t include many in the outfits below. But that doesn’t mean I don’t love them! The trench coat is SUCH a classic & essential piece that’s perfect for all occasions and especially rainy days.
- Be careful of the materials you wear in rain. I’m sure you probably know this already, but just in case… Suede is off-limits in rain because water usually ruins it, and leather that hasn’t been treated with a protectant can easily be damaged by water as well. Don’t risk ruining your clothes – go with rubber, pleather, or protectant-treated leather shoes in rain and leave your favorite suede handbag at home.
- At the same time, don’t worry too much about a 100% waterproof jacket. If you plan ahead and have your umbrella on hand, your jacket won’t get wet enough for waterproofing to matter.
- Go crazy when it comes to rain boots. There are so many cute rain boots out there today to fit any sense of style – they literally come in every color under the sun. Have fun and find a pair you love! Much like umbrellas, you can go completely nuts with your rain boots and no one will mind.
1.When it rains in the summer, you can get away with rain boots paired with shorts, a tee, and cardigan. By forgoing jeans in favor of shorts, you avoid having soaked pants all day. In the outfit below, I added some color with a bright scarf.
2. The inspiration for this look came about when I found the adorable umbrella with an NYC subway sign print and had to find a way to include it in an outfit! A plain black dress becomes more interesting layered under a mustard jacket (worn unzipped, of course), and pair of ultra trendy green Doc Martens.
4. For those of you who love a classic trench coat, you can keep your rainy day outfit simple by pairing your trench with jeans, and bright rain boots of your choice. Honestly, that’s all you need. The heart shaped umbrella, of course, is a cute extra.
5. If you’re not the type to rock a typical rain boot, you can always wear regular boots with a bit of a heel. Layering a pretty, summery dress under a long-sleeved cardigan and 3/4 sleeve jacket will add dimension to your outfit as well as keep you dry. Add black tights and a simple umbrella and you’re set!
6. Here’s a very simple outfit that you could throw on in 5 seconds and wear on a rainy summer day. A striped dress is a step above basic layered under a classic denim jacket. I added some cute pink rain boots, because, well, why not? If pink’s not your thing, you could always wear some basic black motorcycle boots instead. Oh, and how great is the cloud umbrella? Completely genius if you ask me.
What do you wear on rainy days??
The first and third outfits are definitely my favorite! What's yours?
BIG thanks to
|Click for their website here.|
Stay dry today!