Monday, November 19, 2012

22 Thankful Days - #19

I am thankful for family.
 
 
I have a pretty large family on both sides. We try to get together often or at least once a month. Whether we're coming to them or they're coming to us, family is always the theme of Thanksgiving. I'm so thankful for their support and legacy of love. We've always been there for each other and I know that if I ever needed anything any member of my family would be there to help if possible. The saying is true, it takes a village to raise a child. When a child is born into a family, every member devotes their life to raising that child. My grandparents, aunt and uncles, cousins, and siblings have all in some way shaped who I am as a person and as a woman in society. My family has taught me why a strong foundation of faith is important and it has informed me what I value most in relationships. I'm proud of my family. Even though I don't agree with all of their decisions, I know they've done the best they could. I understand that some people don't get to luxury of having family around the holidays. Every year around this time I stop and think about the children who aren't as fortunate to have the wisdom of their elders. I hope someone, somewhere is giving them the advice they need to succeed with the love and the support to help them through life. I don't know where I'd be with that from my own family. They understand when I make mistakes and choose to love me anyway. That is a blessing and I'm grateful to have it.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment