So I've been Googling ideas for re-purposing coffee cans or in my case pudding cans and I've gotten a lot of great ideas. Below are my findings.
Fun Uses For Tin Cans
1. Gift Wrap - Instead of using wrapping paper, cover an old metal coffee can with scrap book paper or spray paint it a bright color. Drop your gift down inside, pop the lid on, and you're done! Great for edible and non edible gifts.
2. Flower Arrangement - Copy the instructions for the gift wrapping except keep the lid off and create a beautiful table scape.
3. Holiday Decoration - Paint a coffee can to match a funny character for the holiday. Easter bunny, scarecrow or Frankenstein, or Uncle Ben's hat. Drill a hole in either side and create a basket for goodies.
4. Storage - I love this one. Gather a bunch of cans and nail them to the wall to create a collage. Use for craft storage like pens, scissors, yarn, you name it! Great for office use or organizing a kid's playroom.
5. Caddy-Carry-All - This is so clever. An organizer cover made to fit a coffee can. Great for wedding, college back to school, or camp presents. I found is from Flower Girl Design's Etsy shop. You can purchase one for just $7. I'm sure it's not hard to make either, but I'm not a seamstress.
There are hundreds more ideas for coffee can makeovers on Pinterest and Esty. These are just a few of brilliant ideas. So don't throw away that can! Save it and create something that will make your life either easier or funnier! I have no clue what I'll do with my pudding cans just yet. You'll have to stay tuned for Part II. Have a great week!