Monday, October 7, 2013

CMM: John Mayer

I am personally excited about today's Celebrity Mansion Monday! He's my one of my all-time favorite artists whom I've seen up close and personal during his Battle Studies Tour. He's currently dating the fabulous Katy Perry and just released a new album, Paradise Valley. His New York City apartment is nothing less than what I expected.

 
Celebrities... they're just like us. Except not.
 
 
John Mayer
Singer/Songwriter
Location: SoHo; New York City
Square Footage: 2500
 
“After I finally figured out how to behave, and how to dress, I wanted to get the next thing—my apartment—right." John Mayer
 
 
"If my apartment could make me feel the way I do in Mr. Armani’s suits, life would be really wonderful." In the living area, the sofa, armchairs, lamps, cocktail table, and handknotted silk rug are all by Armani/Casa; the stool, made of woven water hyacinth, is from Apartment 48, and the velvet pillows are from ABC Carpet & Home.
 
 
The dining area features portraits of Thelonious Monk and Miles Davis; the light fixture, table, chairs, and tableware are all by Armani/Casa.
 
 
The master bedroom’s mirror, bed, bedding, lamp, and rug are all by Armani/Casa, the wall color is Harvest Time by Benjamin Moore, and the print is by Andy Warhol.
 
 
An award signifying the double-platinum status of Mayer’s album Continuum is displayed in his office; the chairs and table are by Armani/Casa.
 
 
In the kitchen, the pendant lamps are by Alison Berger for Holly Hunt, and the barstools are by Armani/Casa.
 
 
Portraits of Jimi Hendrix are displayed in the foyer; the console tables are by Armani/Casa, and the wall color is Long Valley Birch by Benjamin Moore.
 
 
In the guest bedroom, the rug, bed, tables, lamps, and bed linens are by Armani/Casa.
 
 
The master bathroom features a Carrara-marble tub surround, floor tiles by Ann Sacks, a woven stool from Apartment 48, and Armani/Casa towels.
 
 
I copied the captions over because I thought it was interesting that they listed where everything came from. His apartment is very minimalistic and clean. Straight lines, fresh colors, and warm linens all make this ultimate bachelor pad successful. His home mimics his music style to a T.
 
Make sure and pick up his new album! Number one is my favorite.
 
 
Happy Monday! Do something this week that makes you smile. Life is too short to not have fun every once and a while.
 
 photo 37thsignaturegrayandteal_zps4da40489.jpg
 

No comments:

Post a Comment