But, as with everything, trends and styles change and with that comes new fab colors to play with. Pantone recently released this year's color and I'm excited to announce that it's Radiant Orchid.
I love this color because of its enchanting and suspenseful nature. Its a color that can sneak into any palette and make a bold statement. Pantone's executive director Leatrice Eiseman said it best, “While the 2013 color of the year, PANTONE 17-5641 Emerald, served as a symbol of growth, renewal and prosperity, Radiant Orchid reaches across the color wheel to intrigue the eye and spark the imagination, an invitation to innovation, Radiant Orchid encourages expanded creativity and originality, which is increasingly valued in today’s society.” Betcha didn't think a color could do that!
“An enchanting harmony of fuchsia, purple and pink undertones, Radiant Orchid inspires confidence and emanates great joy, love and health. It is a captivating purple, one that draws you in with its beguiling charm.”
I totally agree with that last statement. It a very captivating and charming color: both masculine and feminine. Luckily for you, I've compiled a list of some simple, inexpensive pieces in order to add that pop of Radiant Orchid to your space, no matter what style you've got going on.
- Add the subtlest touch of radiant orchid to any room with this gorgeous-yet-simple geometrical frames from Z Gallerie.
- These lace-patterned coasters from Anthropologie are sure to brighten any tabletop. Mix and match with five cheerful colors or buy them all in the color of the year!
- This unique, hanging votive holder from Urban Outfitters is the perfect way to cast a soft, orchid-colored glow on any room.
- Spice up a room with the smell of this Moroccan spice candle from World Market. It's sure to impress!
- Fill a bookcase or align a row on the top of your cabinets with these Boho glass vases from Target.
- I love this ombre lace pillow from Kohls. It's simple, elegant, and youthful all at the same time.