Friday, November 1, 2013

The Start of Something New - Welcome Novemeber!

 
Wow! October flew by! One of my favorite months is November because I get to reflect on all the things I have thankful for and it's one month before Christmas, which means I need to get started on presents. If you were following my log last year, I did 22 Thankful Days, one every day leading to Thanksgiving. This year, I am going to do the entire month: 30 days! Every day of every month we should be thankful for everything we have. In an instant, it could all be taken away.
 
So jump along with me, and create a list of your own of 30 things you are thankful for.
 
 
Day 1: My parents. 
 
“Don't be ridiculous, Charlie, people love the parents who beat their kids in department stores. It's the ones who just let their kids wreak havoc that everybody hates.”
― Christopher Moore, A Dirty Job

The quote above is perfect because thank God my mother popped me in the head if I was acting up in public because it taught me the different between a well-behaved child and a crazy one. They will always be my first thankful post because, simply put, they are responsible for my existence: everything I have and am. They are the reason why I am the successful woman that I am today. They sent me to school to follow my dreams and now, in less than six months I'll be graduating. They taught me right from wrong and how to independently live without burning my apartment down. They instilled me the importance of family and spending time with your loved ones. They do my laundry without me asking and somehow fix everything I break. My dad is a genius; I just don't understand how he knows the answer to everything. My mother is the do-it-all woman who goes unnoticed. She doesn't take a little get together lightly; there will be themed food and decorations. She doesn't get the credit she deserves, but she really does so much for this family. They are my idols, whom I look up to. I understand as I get older, so do they. Reality is they won't be around forever so I try to cherish every moment I have with them. I am incredibly thankful that they are in as good as health as they are.
 
 As I embark on this journey of Life after College, I pray that they guide me through it because life is hard and scary, but that's why we have our parents. I hope that I can be as successful as they have been, but always remember what's important. I love you momma and daddy! Thank you for your continuous support, love, and encouragement each and every day. You are my heroes - today and forever!
 
“It's a funny thing about mothers and fathers. Even when their own child is the most disgusting little blister you could ever imagine, they still think that he or she is wonderful.”
― Roald Dahl, Matilda
 
Thank you for always thinking I'm wonderful.


No comments:

Post a Comment