Sunday, September 22, 2013

Matthew is 8!

I normally don't post on the weekends, but today is a very special day!
 
 
I am a woman of many hats: daughter, granddaughter, sister, cousin, friend, girlfriend, student; but the greatest of these has been being called an aunt. I will never forget when my sister told the family she was expecting. I was so excited for a new hat to wear! And now, I cannot believe I am saying this but my oldest nephew, and the one who gave me this special title, is turning eight years old today. Matthew is full of unusual facts, knock knock jokes, hugs and kisses, a wild eagerness to learn, a never-ending ability to run, an untamed spirit for Alabama football, and most importantly a sweet, sweet love. I'm so proud of the young man he is becoming and I am so blessed to be his aunt. I cannot wait to take him on his birthday surprise trip next weekend and see his little face light up! We're going to have a great time.
 
Happy birthday, little boy.
 
Now, please, stop growing up so fast.
 
 
Everyoneenjoy your Sunday!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment