Monday, January 30, 2012

The Very Hungry Caterpillar

I've been away for a little bit, but that doesn't mean I haven't been up to making fun stuff! A new trend for childrens' birthday parties is The Very Hungry Caterpillar. You remember the book by Eric Carle? I always loved it as a child so I'm very excited it has quite became another ancient children story.

You can purchase this book here.


At my new-found favorite scrapbook/stamp shop, Sir Stamps A Lot, I was browsing through the fantastic designer card stock they had. I found this:



And what does it remind you of? That's right! The Very Hungry Caterpillar! So I got to thinking about what I could do with this. I ran to Michael's and picked up a few coordinating color card stocks and some fruit puffies (which are adorable!!!). I found a fun matching card game that was also TVHC. I started right when I got home and it turned out pretty cute!






How cute! The inside is stamped with "Happy Birthday" in brown ink. The back of the card has a black and white cut out of the caterpillar himself with a green apple crayon for your child to color. What a great way to help make this birthday one to remember!

After I made the card, I decided to make a small little birthday collection that all matched. The party hat I made has a cute little "1" on it - it could have whatever your child's age was. The trim is done in white pom-pom balls with a large cotton ball on top. There are two red strings attached underneath to tie around your child's head.



I went back to the little shop to get more paper to start the birthday banner and the lady said that the designer discontinued that print. I was so upset! So I'm thinking since I have one sheet left, I'll make a few cupcake picks or goody bags and then release the collection on my shop. It isn't on there just yet but will be by the end of the week. I can't wait to get started on my next party collection!

Have a great week!




No comments:

Post a Comment