Friday, December 14, 2012

Prayers for Peace for Connecticut

I'm sure you've all heard the horror that struck this nation with the shooting at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, CT this morning. Twenty precious, innocent children were shot and killed along with six teachers and staff as well. "Evil visited this community today," the state's governor said earlier. President Obama said, "We've endured too many of these tragedies in the past few years. And each time I learn the news, I react not as a president, but as anybody else would as a parent. And that was especially true today. I know there's not a parent in America who doesn't feel the same overwhelming grief that I do." According to a teacher, who locked her students up in the classroom bathroom, kids were crying, saying they just wanted to have Christmas. For those parent's, this will always be a painful memory for years to come. Christmas will never be the same.



 
 
It breaks my heart to think that these parents dropped their kids off at school this morning and came home without them. I can't imagine showing up at the crime scene waiting to hear if their child was dead or alive. It must have be the most terrifying thing in the world. I couldn't imagine losing a child. I've seen people go through it and it kills me every time. It terrifies me to even think about having children! You just never know. The world isn't as safe as a place that you thought it was as a kid. I can't imagine what the children that heard the gunshots who lost friends that they'll never see again are feeling right now. Scared, confused, disturbed. They'll have to go to counseling and will probably never forget this day.

And he said, "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I shall return. The Lord gave, and he has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord." Job 1:21
 
Tonight, I pray for peace for the victims' parents. I pray for an everlasting comfort that only our Father in heaven can give. I pray for the community of Newtown, that they will come together in this time of terror and love on their neighbors. I pray for the state of Connecticut, that they will provide these parent's with some sort of closure and reassurance. Nothing can bring back a child but knowing that an entire state is on your side can be some what comforting. I'm at a loss for words. There's nothing you can say or do to make things better. Justice has been served. If you believe in the power of prayer, then pray for these sweet families. If you don't, think happy thoughts. I question that if there were more prayer in schools, less of these attacks would happen. I don't know. What I do know is that it's painfully disgusting. I am saddened for these parent's and I pray that peace comes soon for them.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment