Monday, December 24, 2012

My Year in Review

Are you a kind of person that believes in New Year's resoultions? For the past two years, I have created a list of things that I wanted to accomplish that year and surprisingly more things were crossed off that list than expected. Looking back on 2012, I am proud of what I got the opportunity to do. A couple of things that I crossed off this year were:

  • Read 5-10 books
  • Aquire three new friends
  • Make an A on my Residential & Commercial Project
  • Make the President's List for all four quarters
  • Go to a basketball game
  • Learn a new skill
  • Hold a newborn baby
  • Meet a famous person
  • Celebrate four years
  • Start a collection
  • Go to the beach with my friends
  • Spend the night in Atlanta
  • Make a public speech
  • Go to a concert
Some of the highlights of my year:

Hold a newborn baby: I'm an aunt, again!

Spend the night in ATL

Get an A on Commercial Project

Go to the beach with friends: PCB

Go a concert: Rascal Flatts

Get an A on Residential Project

Celebrate Four Years

Meet someone famous: T.R. Knight (George from Grey's Anatomy)

A couple of things that I know I want to accomplish in this coming year are:

  • Get my own apartment
  • Volunteer
  • Pass the Green Associate
  • Visit a new state
  • See a Miami Heat game (probably not going to happen)
  • Celebrate five years
  • Turn 21
  • Go camping
  • Do an internship
  • Survive my Senior Project
  • Start a new tradition
What are some things you want to do this year? Lose weight, get married, land a new job, travel to Europe? You can do anything you set your mind to! Setting goals allow you to fulfill your dreams. Once they're on paper and you see them every day, you'll be more likely to achieve those goals. Having something to look forward to and work hard for is important. Come up with five goals and right them down somewhere. Tuck that slip away into a drawer in your night stand and whenever you feel lost or like you've fell off your path to success, reach in the drawer and remind yourself what's important. Some things are really vauge, like start a new tradition. I was thinking along the lines of maybe a once a month thing with my mother or an every Wednesday night outing with friends - something like that. Goals don't have to be exact. They are meant to give you a direction to go. When you've come to a fork in the road, you can check your goals to see if what you're doing is what you need in order to prosper and be happy. When you finish a goal, the best part is crossing it off your list. Hard work does pay off and it feels good, too. The key to writing goals is to make goals that are attainable. If you don't have the money to afford Europe and you have a wedding or a new morgage to worry about, than that trip might need to be postponed to a better time in your life. Don't ever say to yourself, "That'll never happen." The best things in life aren't things, they are memories so create some this year. Do something worthwhile.



No comments:

Post a Comment