Monday, December 10, 2012

ӨX Banquet & Party

This weekend was a very special one due to a very special fraternity being installed as a national chapter at the University of Alabama-Birmingham. This great group of guys have worked so hard for this and I am so proud of their dedication and loyalty to their brothers. My boyfriend, Jimmy, was elected president for the coming year and he is especially excited about this new opportunity to be a leader to his brothers. And with that, I am now known as the the First Lady. I am loving this new title.

Saturday morning the guys had their private ceremony and then later that night was a fancy banquet at the Harbert Center in downtown Birmingham. If you haven't visited this place, you need to. It was really nice, and everyone was very polite and able to help when asked. Being the president of a fraternity means sitting at a special table on stage so that meant I wasn't able to sit with him. I sat next to a good friend of mine so everything was fine. We had an amazing dinner consisting of a Cesar salad, bread, chicken, mashed potatoes, and green beans followed by a delicious apple pie. I enjoyed my dinner but I'm sure that wasn't the focus of Jimmy. He was asked to give a closing speech so he was a little nervous. There was around 200+ people in attendance - brothers and their dates, alumni, parents, and other important folks. Needless to say, all eyes would be on him towards the end of the night.

As we finished dinner, those important folks spoke a few words of encouragement and guidance that was nice. When Jimmy came to speak, he used his height for a quick icebreaker. His speech went great and he really didn't sound nervous at all! I was super proud! We met and greeted a lot of people and took a lot of pictures. We got to keep the beautiful bouquet of carnations (the flower of ӨX) to take with us.

The after party came next that we held at the guys new frat house. A bunch of people showed up and we all had a great time.

Below are some pictures I took of this eventful day.

 






 
 
So proud of you guys! Love you all!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment