Monday, April 1, 2013

Green Cleaners

 
It's that time again - Operation: Spring Cleaning. Also, it's a time where allergies are at their worst. I've started my spring cleaning adventure, and already I have a stuffy nose that makes me sound like a man. My ears are constantly clogged, and my eyes are shedding tears of pollen, dust, and chemicals.
 
VOCs, or Volatile Organic Compounds, are strong vapors that emit from everyday products that causes headaches and fatigue. For example, a familiar VOC is the smell from paint. Everyone knows what I'm talking about. Too many of these little guys can really harm your immune system. During spring, there are lots of products that emit a strong VOC that can actually make you sick. You can't stop the pollen from creeping in on everything but you can help what you clean your house with.
 
 
As you begin your spring cleaning journey, take a look at the products you're using. Are Clorox, Lysol, and Pine Sol in your bucket? If so, then you're likely going to have a hard time cleaning. Instead of these nasty products, there are a few of really good "green" cleaning products that are no more expensive than the name brand and work just as good, if better. Some of those brands are Method, Seventh Generation, and Biokleen (click on their website to view coupons and promos).
 
I personally love Method from Target. It works great and doesn't leave a nasty odor in the air, plus it's super cheap!



One of my favorite websites for all things green. Hop on over to The Daily Green to learn how to make your own green cleaning products. These recipes are super easy and they make cleaning a whole lot more pleasurable. You can save a bunch of money while helping the environment all in the name of cleaning! I encourage you to try out one of the green cleaning recipes and just see the results for yourself.
 
Happy Spring Cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment