Friday, April 19, 2013

Proud. Honored. Blessed.

Boston Marathon Bombing - April 17, 2013
 



I am so completely honored and proud of the way our country came together of the course of the last few days. I'm in awe of the support and encouragement I saw towards all of the first responders that were involved as well as the families that lost loved ones. I'm shocked of how quickly our nation lifted up those families prayer all over this great land. I'm incredibly impressed of how my Theta Chi boys at UAB took the initiative to do something and ended up raising over $600 in donations to send to Boston. I'm more importantly, and most definitely, in tears when I see five minutes after the last suspect was captured alive and in custody that the entire city of Boston rejoiced together.


What's sad is that this country only comes together in a time of need. God wants us to be a loving people all the time, not just when things are bad. It seems like it takes something so awful like the Boston Bombing to happen for us to wake up; however, I'm proud of us. I'm proud of the Boston first responders for their insane amount of courage and selflessness. I'm proud of how quickly they got the job done and found these men. I'm honored to say that it's good to be an American. Tonight, this nation will sleep a little more peaceful and tomorrow will be a little less painful.

My thoughts and prayers are still with the entire city of Boston and to everyone who was involved. May God grant peace to those who lost loved ones and bless the ones who are still in critical condition.

"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need and thank Him for all that He has done.
Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand.
His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment