Monday, November 18, 2013

30 Days of Thankful - Day 18






Today I am thankful for the spirit of Christmas. With every store I go in, I'm reminded of the joy that only Christmas can bring. Jolly jingles, trees decorated with bows and ribbons, white lights, and silver bells - I'm getting antsy just thinking about it. Christmas is the most happiest time of year. Growing up Christmas was a magical time in my household. I would watch my mother decorate the house, with a tree in every room. Every room, a different theme. There were no shortcuts and nothing done lightly. I think my favorite decoration is my mother's revolving Hallmark tree. Every ornament is unique and it's always so interesting to hear each one's story of how it came to join the collection. I think my mother has rubbed off on me a little. My home is fully decorated, way too early, and Christmas music echoes throughout my tiny apartment. There's just something about being with family, giving gifts, and reading stories that puts a smile on my face. I love this time of year and with each one that passes, I cherish it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment