Tuesday, November 12, 2013

30 Days of Thankful - Day 12


Today I am thankful for mistakes. What did she say? Yes, mistakes. Every mistake I've made as made me into the person I am today. Each and every one of them has given me the ability to grow and improve my well-being and ultimately shape the woman I have become. They've allowed me to see that on my own I am nothing and that I must allow others to help me when I mess up. The important thing that I have learned is that even though I mess up from time to time, I must grow from that experience, and be better in the future. I've always heard you learn from mistakes, not from success. Nobody got where they are through pure luck; they've had to have fallen a few times and bruised some knees to get there. Success does not consist in never making mistakes but in never making the same one a second time. I love the quote by Steve Maraboli. "We all make mistakes, have struggles, and even regret things in our past. But you are not your mistakes, you are not your struggles, and you are here NOW with the power to shape your day and your future." That knowledge gives me hope. Instead of focusing on what I could have done, it's now what can I do in the future to make sure this doesn't happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment