Wednesday, November 13, 2013

30 Days of Thankful - Day 13


Today I am thankful for the imagination of a child. Watching my niece tonight, I realized children are so fascinating and in awe of everything around them. They have such a sense of purity and innocence without a care in the world. When I'm with her for a moment, it feels as though the world isn't bad, people aren't mean, and life is just a fairy tale. I've had the pleasure of watching the discovery of life through the eyes of two sweet little boys and two sweet little girls. Every time they are in my presence, I wish I could just pause time. I love to hear their little voices as they play, watch their eyes light up when they discover something new, and feel their precious hands as they reach out to me. When you walk in a room, and they smile ear to ear and then run towards you, you know you've done something right. I love being an aunt to these little babies. I just wish I could keep them this small forever. If being an aunt feels this good; I can't wait to feel the love of motherhood! Well...I can wait for now. I am thankful I've had this opportunity to know what it feels like to be loved by a child. It's a pretty darn good feeling! 

No comments:

Post a Comment