Thursday, November 7, 2013

30 Days of Thankful - Day 7

I was thinking of something to write today and I realized how grateful I am to have all five of my senses. Some people lack some of them and I am blessed to still have all five. So today's thankful post is broken down into five different things: one for each sense.

“Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.”  - Confucius

Sense of sight – For letting me see the colors of life and allowing me to do the things I love everyday. There are so many things I've had the privilege of seeing in my life but I think my favorite would be the immaculate and all-powerful Grand Canyon.
 

Sense of hearing - For letting me hear trickle of rain, the voices of my loved ones, and the harmonious chords of my favorite songs. Music has always been a huge part of my life. My favorite concert I went to was the John Mayer Battle Studies concert.

Sense of touch - For letting me feel the many textures of life, the cool and hot breeze of the wind, my puppy's silky fur, and the rigid texture of my grandmother's hands. One thing I will never forget: my grandmother's hand scratching my back.
 

Sense of smell – For letting me smell the deliciousness of chocolate chip cookies, the crisp air after a rain, and my favorite black cherry candle.
 

Sense of taste – For letting me savor the sweetness of fruits, the saltiness of seawater, the sourness of Sour Patch kids, the bitterness of vinegar in my favorite Italian dressing, and the spiciness of homemade chili.
 

Every day we take these things for granted, but think of all of the people that can't do one of these things. When you think about it, you're really blessed. I know I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment