Sunday, November 11, 2012

22 Thankful Days - #12

I am thankful for technology.
You probably think I'm being a rich, little snob but humor me. We live in a world where nobody goes anywhere without their cell phone. We are so caught up in what other people are doing: people getting married, having babies, moving out of town, graduating, and even the inevitable - dying. I'm so thankful that at a touch of a button I can send my mother a text saying "I love you" or post an Instagram picture of my niece or nephew. This same phenomenon kills people every day. Crazy, right? I am a proud supporter of Facebook because finding your best friend from grade school is one of the best feelings in the world. I'm not just talking about social medias, I'm talking about all things technical: computer programs that make my life as a design student SO MUCH EASIER (because everyone hates manual drafting), whatever software NASA uses, medical technology that's saving lives every day, planes, trains, automobiles, music, and so much more. Technology is so important to our lives and our futures. I am so thankful for it.
The following are just some icons in the technology world. It's hard to think about what all it encompasses but I've pulled a few.







No comments:

Post a Comment