Sunday, November 25, 2012

O Christmas Tree

I hope you all have a fabulous Thanksgiving. I know I did! I always enjoy changing my background to fit the season. This is is by far my favorite so far.

It's almost Christmastime and I'm so excited that the majority of my decorations are up! My housemate and I went to Walmart tonight and got a six foot live tree for $30. We bought some lights, ornaments, a skirt, and some rope (to attach it to the top of my car). I successfully drove home without it falling off and after about thirty minutes all the ornaments and lights were up. It's safe to say we have the cutest tree on our street!


I decorated the rest of our apartment with a bunch a random Christmasy things. I purchased my first nativity set at the HobLob 50% off for a grand total of $30. Most of everything came from the thrift store. I purchased a live Poinsettia which smells and looks beautiful. Needless to say, I spent under $100 on decorations this year.


 
For my bedroom, I went for a White Christmas theme. My sister is supposed to be making me burlap stockings so I will share those with you as soon as I get them. I used a lot of silver and glitter along snowflakes and fake snow (Epsom salt). My room feels very warm despite all of the snowy decor.
 


I hope you all are in the spirit to decorate! I'm in the process of making a wreath for the front door. Will be posting pictures of my top 5 easy decorating crafts. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment