Monday, November 5, 2012

22 Thankful Days - #5

I am thankful for my wonderful grandparents.
 

Better known as Momaw and Papa, these two have a huge impact in my life. Being the only set of grandparents I have left, I am so thankful I get to share life with them. Today, especially, I am most thankful they have shared 62 years of marriage. They have that stubborn love that's contagious. I love my grandparents and I know I don't spend enough time with them. I had a huge wake up call when my grandmother, on my father's side, passed away in 2010. I'm thankful because I know a lot of people don't get the privilege of having their grandparents pass down wisdom and encouragement. Grandparents are full of stories about life and I love hearing about their childhood and how different it was for them growing up. I hope that I can live a successful life just as they have. I look forward to my grandparents being at my wedding and then getting to meet my children. I hope that they stay healthy and strong. I've always heard "there is a grandmother out there that prays for you" and that gives me a sense of comfort. Maybe I've been so lucky because I have praying grandparents. I don't know, but I'd like to think so. Thank you Momaw and Papa for everything you've done for this family. You're the leaders of this family and I look up to you both. I am forever grateful for you.

 
 
And for my amazing Grandmother that I had the honor of living five miles away from and yet we didn't spend enough time together. I took her for granted but I loved her very much. I know you're shining down from heaven with Papa waiting on me to reunite with you. I know you were proud of me and I miss you everyday!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment