Thursday, November 8, 2012

22 Thankful Days - #9

I am thankful for my humble abode.
 
 
 
My very small and cramped abode, might I say. This August, I jumped into the unknown and got an apartment. I regret it in two ways: one, my room at my parent's was SO MUCH BIGGER and two, bills suck. I am thankful; however, that I have made every rent and had plenty left over for food and other things. I have not once been in trouble with money or had to cut back from going out and doing things with my friends. I am also thankful to have a roof over my head, hot water, air condintiong, cable, and internet, even though it was a nightmare to get all of it figured out. Having a roommate has been interesting, to say the least but not in a bad way. My roommate is great; she's clean, let's me decorate all over the place, forgives me when my friends are too loud, and she pays her share of everything on time, everytime. She's been the one to take out most of the trash, pay the bills, and unload the dishwasher and so on more than I have been. She's a blessing in disguise for sure. I do know, from my own experience, that I am a lone wolf. In other words, I am very independent and like to have my own space. So when this lease is up, I'm going to venture out into the unknown (again) and live by myself. That will quite a journey, I'm sure. But for the sake of this "thankful" post, I am very thankful. To my parents for being in my corner and supporting me, to my other family members/friends that have given me advice throughout this adventure, and to my roommate, Haley, for being the best/last roommate I'll ever have! Thanks for being so understanding.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment