Wednesday, November 7, 2012

22 Thankful Days - #7

I am thankful for my job.
 
 
I don't have many picture of work because I'm always working but above (and below) is a few of the girls I have the pleasure of working with. The last picture is my Dreamland in Birmingham, AL. ;)
 
It might not always be sunshine and rainbows, but I am thankful that I have a job. I'm a waitress at a down-home barbeque restaurant and if you've ever been in the food industry you'll know what I mean when I say that it takes a whole lot of self-control to work in this business. There are some customers that I would love to strangle and then there are other customers that are so nice and so grateful that make me want to go to work everyday. You're going to have to wait on rude and ignorant people from time to time but the really good ones are what makes it worth it. Almost nine times out of ten I leave with some sort of cash in my pocket, some nights a little and some a lot. I'm not going to go off my my tipping ran-page but next time you go out to eat, just thank your server. Multiple times. And please tip. Even if it's just 10% because our income, our rent, our food, our gas comes from you. You are our paycheck because we don't hardly ever get one. So back to being thankful. I am thankful to work at a restaurant where everybody is laid back and the managers are accommodating to my school schedule and personal issues. The servers are all like family and we help each other out. If there's food to be ran or a table needs something, we'll gladly help. It's not just about ourselves; we're a team. I'm thankful that I've been there a year now and the majority of days I love it. Like I said, some days are awful, but you just have to suck it up and move on. There will be a customer that makes up for it somewhere down the road. Thanks, Dreamland. To the managers, servers, catering, the kitchen folks, and mostly the customers for being loyal and so kind. You all have a special place in my heart! There's a reason for our slogan because there's nothing like you guys anywhere!
 
 
 
I almost forgot...The BEST part about working at Dreamland is getting to meet famous people. Standing with my friend Taylor and I is George O'Malley (T.R. Knight) from Grey's Anatomy.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment