Wednesday, November 14, 2012

22 Thankful Days - #13 & 14

Yesterday was very hetic for me and by the time I was in bed and almost asleep I remembered I didn't post what I was thankful for.

#13 I am thankful for all five senses.
 
 
It may seem crazy but if you can see, hear, touch, taste, and smell then you're lucky. Some people battle the loss of one or more of these precious senses but I am lucky to still have all of them in tact. I'm thankful I can see every day. I wake up every morning and I see sunshine through my window. I drive to work and see the beautiful fall leaves falling down around me. I get to see about a hundred or so people and I get to interact with them. I get to see my family and friends. I get to see movies with them. It doesn't seem like much but we take our vision for granted. God has blessed us with an amazing universe to see and I'm so thankful that I have that chance to do so. I am thankful I can hear the voices of my favorite music artists. At this moment I can hear birds chirping, a loud rumbling car stereo, the air conditioning, a car horn, and myself typing. I can almost bet my grandfather couldn't hear any of this and that's scary to think about. I am thankful I can touch my boyfriend with a hug and a kiss. I can hold hands with my nieces and nephews. I can feel hot and cold, wet and rough. That's a blessing. I am thankful that I can smell the baking of cookies in the oven, the lovely scents of Christmas, and even the terrible smell of gasoline. All of these things you don't think of but you're lucky to be able to do. The only you get, the more your senses decline so be thankful for what you have now and don't take it for granted. 
 
#14 I am thankful for choices.

 
I love this quote. It explains everything. Every day, I wake up and I have choices to make. Choices to be happy, to be sad, to be angry. Most days I choose to be happy. Even when things don't go my way, I choose to make something good out of it. I try very hard to be an optimist. I choose my route to work, I choose where I'll eat on my lunch break, and I even choose whether or not I need a new pair of shoes. I choose to succeed. I choose to follow Christ and be what He wants me to be. I choose to be fair to everyone I meet. I choose to give people second chances. I choose to fill my life with positive people and things. Without choices, my life would be boring. It would be the same 'ol thing every day. Choices make things interesting; they make things real. Life is about making choices. Good or bad, right or wrong and everything in between. The outcome of those choices is called destiny.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment