Sunday, November 18, 2012

22 Thankful Days - #16, 17, 18

Wow have I been busy! I'm so behind on these posts so they might be shorter then the ones I first started doing. It's doesn't mean I'm less thankful, I'm just running out of hours in the day!

#16 - I am thankful for music.
 
I am so thankful for the gift of music and I'm not just limiting it to one genre. Music helps me get through happy times and sad. There are certain songs that I can hear and automatically think about a certain time in my life or a certain person that means something to me. Good music is a gift and good music means different things to different people. What I call good you might call garbage. But the purpose of music is to make you feel. Music evokes feelings that can't be measured by anything other force. I couldn't imagine life without it.
 
#17 - I am thankful for literature.
 
Like with music, literature is empowering. I love to read. I read a lot of the same types of books but I'm trying to open my box a little and find things that I wouldn't normally pick up. John Green is by far my favorite artist to date. The way he writes, and the way I feel when I read his books is incomparable. Literature takes you into a different world where things are tangible and real. With Green's books, I feel like I know the characters and I can picture them in real life. I feel their struggles and pain and I celebrate with their successes and happiness. So with this year, I am thankful for authors that write about real life situations and who aren't afraid to leave out the happy ending because they know that's never how life actually works. I'm thankful for their hearts and visions that they poured into these stories. I'm thankful that I, as a reader, can learn and grow and appreciate good work. I'm thankful that I know how to read because without that knowledge my entire world would be different. I am thankful for my creative writing teacher who showed me what good literature was. If more kids read in schools today, maybe things would be different.
 
#18 - I am thankful for feelings.
 
I am thankful for tears, for helping me express true emotions of good and bad. I am thankful for disappointment so I know what really matters most. I am thankful for determination so I can force myself to make goals. I am thankful for fears so I know my opportunities for growth. I am thankful for pain because it allows me to be a stronger person. I am thankful for hope because it's always pushing me to try again. I am thankful for sadness because it's important to appreciate the spectrum of human emotions. I am thankful for happiness because life is beautiful and there are so many things to smile about. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment